A Study Of Avelumab In Combination With Other Cancer Immunotherapies In Advanced Malignancies (JAVELIN Medley)
This is a Phase 1b/2 dose-optimization study to evaluate safety, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and preliminary antitumor activity of avelumab (MSB0010718C) in combination with other cancer immunotherapies in patients with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors. The primary purpose is to assess the safety and early signs of efficacy of various avelumab combinations with other cancer immunotherapies, optimizing dosing regimens as appropriate, in a limited series of indications.
A PHASE 1B/2 OPEN-LABEL STUDY TO EVALUATE SAFETY, CLINICALACTIVITY, PHARMACOKINETICS AND PHARMACODYNAMICS OFAVELUMAB (MSB0010718C) IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER CANCERIMMUNOTHERAPIES IN PATIENTS WITH ADVANCED MALIGNANCIES
This is a Phase 1b/2, open-label, multi-center, multiple-dose, safety, clinical activity, PK, and PD study of avelumab in combination with other immune modulators in adult patients with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors (eg, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN), triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC), gastric cancer, platinum resistant ovarian cancer, bladder cancer, small cell lung cancer (SCLC) and progressing tenosynovial giant cell tumor/pigmented villonodular synovitis (TGCT/PVNS) . In Phase 1b, this includes patients whose disease has progressed on standard of care therapy or for whom no standard therapy is available. In Phase 2, enrollment criteria regarding prior treatment(s) received varies by tumor type. Incorporation of the other immune modulators into this study is based on preclinical and clinical data supportive of single-agent tolerability and potential clinical benefit, as well as non-clinical data suggesting safety, tolerability and clinical benefit of the agent(s) in combination with avelumab. Combinations of avelumab plus other immune modulator(s) to be evaluated are as follows: - Combination A: avelumab plus utomilumab (4-1BB agonist mAb) - Combination B: avelumab plus PF-04518600 (OX40 agonist mAb) - Combination C: avelumab plus PD 0360324 (M-CSF mAb) - Combination D: avelumab plus utomilumab plus PF-04518600 - Combination F: avelumab plus CMP-001 (TLR9 agonist) and avelumab plus CMP-001 plus utomilumab and avelumab plus CMP-001 and PF-04518600 Each combination will be studied individually in 2 study parts: 1) a Phase 1b Lead-in part to evaluate safety, and determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) or maximum administered dose (MAD) and RP2D (if applicable), of the combination, and 2) a Phase 2 part to evaluate efficacy and further evaluate safety of the selected dose from the Phase 1b portion in pre-specified patient populations.
Advanced Cancer, anti PD-L1, anti 4-1BB, OX40 agonist, anti M-CSF, TLR9 agonist, Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck (SCCHN), triple negative breast cancer (TNBC), gastric cancer, Small cell lung cancer (SCLC), bladder cancer, platinum resistant ovarian cancer, TGCT/PVNS, Neoplasms, Avelumab, Utomilumab, CMP-001
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
- Histological or cytological diagnosis of advanced/metastatic solid tumor. Measurable disease by RECIST 1.1 with at least 1 measurable lesion that has not been previously irradiated. Availability of tumor specimen taken within 1 year prior to study entry, with no intervening systemic anti-cancer therapy. No prior PD-1/PDL-1 therapy allowed.
Combination A: Phase 1b, patients with NSCLC that have progressed on standard therapy or for which no standard therapy is available, and Phase 2, patients with NSCLC, melanoma, SCCHN, TNBC in any line of therapy, SCLC, 1st line NSCLC. 1st line NSCLC must demonstrate to express PD-L1. Activating EGFR mutation, ALK, ROS1 translocation/rearrangements are not permitted. Combination B: Phase 1b, patients with advanced solid tumors (NSCLC, SCCHN, melanoma) that have progressed on standard therapy or for which no standard therapy is available, and Phase 2, patients with NSCLC, melanoma, or SCCHN. Up to 2 lines of prior therapy in advanced/metastatic disease setting allowed. Activating EGFR mutation, ALK, ROS1 translocation/rearrangements are not permitted. Combination C: Ovarian cancer, SCCHN, NSCLC, gastric cancer, platinum resistant ovarian cancer. Up to 2 lines of prior therapy in advanced/metastatic disease setting allowed. TGCT/PVNS that is either inoperable or requires extensive resection. Prior treatment with agents targeting CSF-1/CSF-1R not allowed. NSCLC activating EGFR mutation, ALK, ROS1 translocation/rearrangements are not permitted. Combination D: NSCLC, melanoma, SCCHN, bladder cancer. NSCLC activating EGFR mutation, ALK, ROS1 translocation/rearrangements are not permitted. Up to 2 lines of prior therapy in advanced/metastatic disease setting allowed. Combination F: Recurrent or metastatic SCCHN. One to three prior lines of systemic therapy for advanced stage or metastatic disease. Patients must have received anti PD-1/PD-L1 containing therapy (requires at least two doses of PD-1/PD-L1 agent).Disease progression no earlier than 6 weeks from initiation of the latest anticancer therapy. Evidence of radiologic progression is required. • Patient must be a candidate for intralesional administration with at least one tumor lesion which can be injected safely.
- ECOG performance status 0 or 1
- Estimated life expectancy of at least 3 months
- Adequate bone marrow, renal, and liver function
- Resolved acute effects of prior therapy
- Negative serum pregnancy test at screening
- Male and female patients able to have children must agree to use at least 1 highly effective method of contraception throughout the study and for at least 90 days after last dose
- Signed and dated informed consent
You CAN'T join if...
- Monoclonal antibody based anti-cancer therapy within 28 days prior to study entry or small-molecule based anti-cancer therapy (targeted therapy or chemotherapy) within 14 days prior to study entry. Combination F:PD-1/PD-L1 agent within 14 days prior study entry.
- Current or prior use of immunosuppressive medication within 7 days prior to study entry
- Active autoimmune disease requiring systemic steroids or immunosuppressive agents within 7 days prior to study entry
- Known prior or suspected hypersensitivity to investigational products
- Major surgery within 4 weeks or radiation therapy within 14 days prior to study entry
- Patients with known symptomatic brain metastases requiring steroids
- Previous high-dose chemotherapy requiring stem cell rescue
- Prior allogeneic stem cell transplant or organ graft
- Any of the following within 6 months prior to study entry: myocardial infarction, uncontrolled angina, coronary/peripheral artery bypass graft, symptomatic congestive heart failure, cerebrovascular accident, or transient ischemic attack
- Symptomatic pulmonary embolism within 6 months prior to study entry
- Known HIV or AIDS-related illness
- Active infection requiring systemic therapy
- Positive HBV or HCV test indicating acute or chronic infection
- Administration of a live vaccine within 4 weeks prior to study entry
- Diagnosis of other malignancy within 5 years, except for adequately treated basal cell or squamous cell skin cancer, or carcinoma in situ of the breast or cervix, or low-grade (Gleason ≤6) prostate cancer
- Participation in other studies involving investigational drug(s) within 4 weeks prior to study entry and/or during study participation
- Persisting toxicity related to prior therapy >Grade 1
- Other severe acute or chronic medical condition
- Combo C :Existing periorbital edema.
- Combo C : Hypocalcemia, clinically significant bone disease or recent bone fracture (within 12 weeks prior study entry)
- UCSD Medical Center - Encinitas
Encinitas California 92024 United States
- UC San Diego Medical Center - La Jolla (Jacobs Medical Center / Thornton Pavilion)
La Jolla California 92037 United States
- UC San Diego Perlman Medical Offices
La Jolla California 92037 United States
- UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
La Jolla California 92093 United States
- UC San Diego Medical Center - Hillcrest
San Diego California 92103 United States
- UCSD Medical Center - Vista
Vista California 92081 United States
- Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion
La Jolla California 92037 United States
- in progress, not accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Phase 1/2 research study
- Study Type
- About 398 people participating
- Last Updated