BHV-4157 in Adult Subjects With Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
a study on Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
The purpose of this study is to compare the efficacy of BHV-4157 versus placebo in subjects with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial of Adjunctive BHV-4157 in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Compulsive Personality Disorder BHV-4157
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18-65
- Primary diagnosis of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) as per Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- Subjects must be currently experiencing non-response or inadequate response to their current Standard of Care (SOC) medication defined as:
- Subjects Y-BOCS total score must be ≥ 19 at Screening and Baseline, reflecting moderate or severe OCD symptoms.
- Subjects must currently be on a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), clomipramine, venlafaxine or desvenlafaxine.
- Determined by the investigator to be medically stable at baseline/randomization as assessed by medical history, physical examination, laboratory test results, and electrocardiogram testing. Subjects must be physically able and expected to complete the trial as designed;
- Minimum of 6 years of education or equivalent and sufficiently fluent in English to complete necessary scales and understand consent forms;
- Subjects must have adequate hearing, vision, and language skills to perform neuropsychiatric testing and interviews as specified in the protocol;
- Subjects must be able to understand and agree to comply with the prescribed dosage regimens and procedures; report for regularly scheduled office visits; and reliably communicate with study personnel about adverse events and concomitant medications;
- It is required that all women of child-bearing potential (WOCBP) who are sexually active agree to use two methods of contraception for the duration of the study (i.e. beginning 30 days prior to baseline and extending to 30 days after the last dose of study drug).
- Women of childbearing potential must have a negative serum pregnancy test at screening and a negative urine pregnancy test prior to dosing at Baseline;
- It is required that men who are sexually active with WOCBP agree to use two methods of contraception for the duration of the study (beginning at first treatment and extending to 90 days after the last dose of study drug).
You CAN'T join if...
- Subjects should be excluded with a history of more than two (2) previous failed treatment trials of SSRIs, clomipramine, venlafaxine, or desvenlafaxine (not including the current SSRI trial) given for an adequate duration at an adequate dose as defined by the following criteria taken from the MGH-TRQ-OCD as:
- Treatment failure / non-response: As per the MGH-TRQ-OCD, there has been minimal or no meaningful clinical benefit as perceived by the patient despite an adequate dose and duration of treatment;
- Adequate duration: At least 10 weeks of treatment with SSRI, clomipramine, venlafaxine, or desvenlafaxine
- Adequate dose: Defined by the USPI labeling.
- Current or prior history, per DSM-V criteria, of bipolar I or II disorder, schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders, schizoaffective disorder, autism or autistic spectrum disorders, borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, hoarding disorder (symptoms of hoarding disorder as part of the OCD diagnosis are allowed, but a primary diagnosis of hoarding disorder is excluded); a current diagnosis of Tourette's disorder is also excluded;
- Any eating disorder within the last 12 months;
- Acute suicidality or suicide attempt or self-injurious behavior in the last 6 months;
- History of psychosurgery, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) or Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT).
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) is prohibited within three months prior to screening and during the study.
- Patients who may have received a non-biological investigational agent in any clinical trial within 30 days, or a biological agent within 90 days prior to screening are excluded.
- Creatinine ≥ 2 mg/dL.
- Course of treatment for subjects with localized cancers (without metastatic spread) is 5 years prior to screening.
- . QTcF (Fridericia) interval ≥ 470 msec during the screening or baseline period or uncontrolled arrhythmia or frequent premature ventricular contraction (PVCs) (> 5/minute) or Mobitz Type II second or third degree atrioventricular (AV) block or left bundle branch block, or right bundle branch block with a QRS duration ≥ 150 msec or intraventricular conduction defect with a QRS duration ≥150 msec or evidence of acute or sub-acute myocardial infarction or ischemia and added or other ECG findings that, in the investigator's opinion, would preclude participation in the study.
- University of California San Diego
accepting new patients
La Jolla California 92037 United States
- Artemis Institute for Clinical Research
San Diego California 92103 United States
- accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Biohaven Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Phase 2/3
- Study Type
- Last Updated
Please contact me about this study
We will not share your information with anyone other than the team in charge of this study. Submitting your contact information does not obligate you to participate in research.
The study team should get back to you in a few business days.