A Long-term Follow-up Study of Sotatercept for PAH Treatment
This study is being conducted to assess the long-term safety, tolerability, and efficacy of sotatercept in PAH.
An Open-Label Long-term Follow-up Study to Evaluate the Effects of Sotatercept When Added to Background Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Therapy for the Treatment of PAH
This Long-term Follow-up Study (LTFU) study is supported by data from the PULSAR study in which treatment with sotatercept resulted in hemodynamic and functional improvements in the study participants, including those receiving maximal PAH therapy with double/triple drug combinations and intravenous prostacyclin. The primary objective of this open-label, LTFU study is to evaluate the long-term safety and tolerability of sotatercept when added to background PAH therapy in adult subject with PAH who have completed prior sotatercept studies. The secondary objective is to evaluate continued efficacy in adult subject with PAH who have completed prior sotatercept studies. Participants eligible to enroll in the study will have participated in and completed the relevant study requirements of the parent PAH sotatercept clinical studies
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
Eligible participants must meet the following criteria to be enrolled in the study:
- Participants must have completed their current respective PAH sotatercept clinical study and its requirements, and must not have discontinued early.
- Participants must be willing to adhere to the study visit schedule and understand and comply with all protocol requirements.
- Participants must have the ability to understand and provide written informed consent.
- Females of childbearing potential must:
- Have a negative pregnancy test as verified by the investigator prior to starting study drug administration; she must agree to ongoing pregnancy testing during the course of the study and until 8 weeks after the last dose of the study drug.
- If sexually active, have used, and agree to continue to use highly effective contraception without interruption, for at least 28 days prior to starting the investigational product, during the study (including dose interruptions), and for 16 weeks (112 days) after discontinuation of study drug.
- Refrain from breastfeeding a child or donating blood, eggs, or ovum for the duration of the study and for at least 16 weeks (112 days) after the last dose of study drug.
See Appendix 4 for additional contraceptive information.
- Male participants must:
- Agree to use a condom, defined as a male latex condom or non latex condom NOT made out of natural (animal) membrane (e.g., polyurethane), during sexual contact with a pregnant female or a female of childbearing potential while participating in the study, during dose interruptions, and for at least 16 weeks (112 days) following investigational product discontinuation, even if he has undergone a successful vasectomy.
- Refrain from donating blood or sperm for the duration of the study and for 16 weeks (112 days) after the last dose of study drug.
- Participants must agree not to participate in any other trials of investigational drugs/devices while they are enrolled in the A011-12 study.
You CAN'T join if...
Participants will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria are met:
- Not enrolled in a PAH parent study at the time of enrollment.
- Missed more than the equivalent of 4 consecutive doses between the end of parent study and the start of this study.
- Presence of an ongoing serious adverse event that occurred during a PAH sotatercept clinical study that is assessed to be possibly or probably related to sotatercept.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding females.
- University of California San Diego ( Site 1002)
accepting new patients
La Jolla California 92037 United States
- Arizona Pulmonary Specialists ( Site 1010)
accepting new patients
Phoenix Arizona 85012-2369 United States
- accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Acceleron Pharma Inc.
- Phase 3 research study
- Study Type
- Expecting 700 study participants
- Last Updated
Please contact me about this study
We will not share your information with anyone other than the team in charge of this study. Submitting your contact information does not obligate you to participate in research.
The study team should get back to you in a few business days.