Study of the Effect of SHP647 as Maintenance Treatment in Participants With Moderate to Severe Ulcerative Colitis Who Achieved Clinical Response in Induction Studies
a study on Inflammatory Bowel Disease
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of SHP647 as maintenance therapy in participants with moderate to severe ulcerative colitis (UC) who achieved clinical response in induction studies. This is a phase 3, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group efficacy and safety study.
A Phase 3 Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo Controlled, Parallel Group Efficacy and Safety Study of SHP647 as Maintenance Therapy in Subjects With Moderate to Severe Ulcerative Colitis (FIGARO UC 303)
Ulcerative Colitis Colitis Ulcer Colitis, Ulcerative SHP647 SHP647 25 mg SHP647 75 mg
You can join if…
Open to people ages 16-81
Participants must meet all of the following inclusion criteria to be eligible for enrollment into the study.
- Participants and/or their parent or legally authorized representative must have an understanding, ability, and willingness to fully comply with study procedures and restrictions.
- Participants must be able to voluntarily provide written, signed, and dated(personally or via a legally authorized representative) informed consent and/or assent, as applicable, to participate in the study.
- Participants must have completed the 12-week induction treatment period.
- Participants must have achieved clinical response in induction study. Clinical response is defined as:
- A decrease from the induction study baseline in the composite score of patient-reported symptoms using daily e-diary and centrally read endoscopy of at least 2 points and at least 30 percent (%), with an accompanying decrease in the subscore for rectal bleeding greater than or equal to (>=)1 point or a subscore for rectal bleeding less than or equal to (<=) 1 OR
- A decrease from the induction study baseline in total Mayo score of at least 3 points and at least 30%, with an accompanying decrease in the rectal bleeding subscore of at least 1 point or an absolute rectal bleeding subscore of 0 or 1.
For eligibility assessment, clinical response will be determined based on the centrally read endoscopy performed during screening and at Week 12 of induction study.
- Participants receiving any treatment(s) for ulcerative colitis (UC) are eligible provided they have been, and are anticipated to be, on a stable dose for the designated period of time.
- Participants are males or nonpregnant, nonlactating females who, if sexually active,agree to comply with the contraceptive requirements of the protocol, or females of nonchildbearing potential. Males and females of reproductive potential who are sexually active must agree to use acceptable contraception for the duration of the study.
You CAN'T join if...
Participants are excluded from the study if any of the following exclusion criteria are met:
- Participants who had major protocol deviation(s) (as determined by the sponsor) in induction study.
- Participants who permanently discontinued investigational product because of an adverse event (AE), regardless of relatedness to investigational product, in induction study.
- Participants who are likely to require surgery for UC during the study period.
- Participants are females who became pregnant during induction study, females who are planning to become pregnant during the study period, or males or females of childbearing potential not agreeing to continue acceptable contraception methods through the conclusion of study participation.
- Male participants who are planning to donate sperm must agree not to do so for the duration of the study and through 16 weeks after last dose of investigational product.
- Participants who, in the opinion of the investigator or the sponsor, will be uncooperative or unable to comply with study procedures.
- Participants who have a newly diagnosed malignancy or recurrence of malignancy (other than resected cutaneous basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, or carcinoma in situ of the uterine cervix that has been treated with no evidence of recurrence).
- Participants who have developed any major illness/condition or evidence of an unstable clinical condition (example [eg], renal, hepatic, hematologic, gastrointestinal(except disease under study), endocrine, cardiovascular, pulmonary, immunologic [eg,Felty's syndrome], or local active infection/infectious illness) that, in the investigator's judgment, will substantially increase the risk to the participant if he or she participates in the study.
- Participants with any other severe acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition or laboratory or electrocardiogram (ECG) abnormality that may increase the risk associated with study participation or investigational product administration or may interfere with the interpretation of study results and, in the judgment of the investigator, would make the participant inappropriate for entry into this study.
- Participants with known exposure to Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) since testing at screening in induction study and who are without a generally accepted course of treatment.
- Participants who are investigational site staff members or relatives of those site staff members or participants who are sponsor employees directly involved in the conduct of the study.
- Participants who are participating in or plan to participate in other investigational studies (other than induction study) during study.
- University of California San Diego not yet accepting patients
La Jolla California 92093 United States
- Kindred Medical Institute for Clinical Trials, LLC not yet accepting patients
Corona California 92879 United States
- VA Long Beach Healthcare System not yet accepting patients
Long Beach California 90822 United States
- Arizona Digestive Health not yet accepting patients
Sun City Arizona 85351 United States
Please contact me about this study
We will not share your information with anyone other than the team in charge of this study. Submitting your contact information does not obligate you to participate in research.
The study team should get back to you in a few business days.